About Me

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Something I'm learning the hard way...

is to never tell your kiddo any type of exciting plans your making until its just about to happen. Lately, I've benn trying to do some fun activities for Sophia because she gets pretty lonely at home with only two adults and we're not quite ready for that second baby yet (coming soon though!) So she's been going to dance classes, spending the night at Tiwo (my brother) or Nana's (my mom) house, Bounce-U, going to the park or pool, that kind of stuff. So before you start thinking I'm slow and that I should already know this about my four year old, I should tell you that shes super OCD and usually if we DON'T tell her something before it happens she gets frustrated and freaked out because she wasn't prepared for the change in activity. NOW I'm learning that I literally have to wait until were minutes away from the activity to tell her what we are doing because when plans fall through and we can't end up doing that thing it is the end of her world. Remember when I told you she's OCD??? Well telling her we have plans to do something and getting her all hyped up and then ripping that little a vision away from her just turns her world upside down and its freaking World War II in this house. It's hard to keep a line between letting her knows something fun is about to happen and not getting her hyped up for something that could possibly fall through at the last minute. Never thought this would be such an issue as a parent....seriously my mom made it look way too easy. This parenting stuff is tough!! Haha Anyone else go through this too, tell me about your kiddos...

No comments:

Post a Comment