About Me

Monday, July 30, 2012

Becoming a Chef

A few months before we got married, it became really important to me to start cooking actual meals (as opposed to then mac and cheese and hot dogs that I used to cook) So I started trying new recipes and came up with some really yummy keepers that I wanted to share with you guys. 
This first one, we actually just ate for dinner again tonight and it is one of my family's favorites SSSOOO yummmy!
I know it doesn't photograph very well, but it's from a Pillsbury cookbook, it's easy to make and it is awesome! Here's a simple version of the recipe, I'll post the whole detailed version if people actually read my blog! HA!
so in a med. bowl you mix together cilantro, salsa, cumin and diced cooked chicken. Then you get a 8 pack of flaky biscuits and spread them out a little on a cookie sheet. Spread the chicken mixture over the biscuits and top with diced red bell peppers cheese and green onion. Then you bake it and top it with guacamole and sour cream. YUMMMM. Seriously you should all try this.

Next is my super easy version of Chicken Parmesan, that I whip up all the time!

So all I do for this one is get a box of Parmesan Shake N' Bake (haha) throw some chicken breasts in there, shake it up and put them in the over to bake (the directions are on the box) A few minutes before it's done I top it with spaghetti sauce and a slice of either mozerella or parmesan cheese and let it get all melty in the oven. Then I just cook up some spaghetti and serve it with the chicken YUM! BTW I usually have wayyy more sauce over the chicken and pasta then showed in the picture, this must have been like the first time I made it and I didn't know what I was doing ;]

Next up is "get yo' man chicken" a recipe I got from the Food Network show Down Home with the Neeley's. This meal is sooo freaking yummy and sure enough my husband loves it. And I actually have the whole recipe for this one.

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 6 chicken thighs, skinless
  • 1 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoons pepper
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper
  • Hot buttered rice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Directions

Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken, meat-side down first, and turning once, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate to reserve.
Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan.
Add onion to the pan and saute until tender, roughly 3 minutes. Add the stock and wine and stir, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Turn heat to high and reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Pour in the diced tomatoes and add the dried herbs and lemon pepper. Add the chicken thighs back into the pan.Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 40 minutes.
Remove chicken from liquid and serve on hot buttered rice. Ladle the sauce on top and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.

You should deffinitely try these recipes, if they're easy enough for me to pull off you can probably do them even better! I'll try to remember to take more pictures of the yummy stuff I make so I can post them on here. Tell me what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment